Friday, January 30, 2015

Time Off

Dear Kerby,
It has been quite a while since I last wrote. It has also been almost a year from my last extreme email cleaning. Alright, time to judge me and how I failed.

After a nice and fun summer job I started school again for the fall (August till December). Things happened and here I am again looking for a job. Did I say job? Yes, because things have changed and I am not returning to school. You might call me a failure but, to me, I think I am not. I have learned a lot from everything I have done in school no matter what it might have been. The small things count.

I am currently looking for a winter job. A winter job, for me, means that I do no have to drive miles in every time the roads are full of snow. I dislike driving in the snow since I got my current car. Ugh! With this car I have gotten stuck in snowy dangerous places that one hopes to never get stuck.

As I keep applying for various jobs I am not being lazy. I am catching up on my design knowledge and skills. Over the past five years I have subscribed to great number of blogs via an "RSS READER". The reader keeps me in the loop on design trends and things that I might be interested in even if it is not graphic design.

Talk to you later,
Bluelaugh

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the job search. I hope you're able to find something that suits your needs.

As far as school, I'm not surprised you quit. It never seemed like a good fit for you, anyway. That being stated, I kinda wish you could've held on long enough to graduate with some kinda degree. Tho, I don't know how important that really is anymore, if it ever was to begin with.

If your ultimate aim is to build yourself a career in art/design, getting out there and doing the work will do more for you than a college certificate. But you've gotta go out there and do the work which is often easier said than done.